- Tuition: Monthly tuition is payable on the first lesson date of each month. In months that contain 5 weeks, the 5th week is reserved for make-up lessons. The monthly rates for new students are four 30-minute lessons for $112 ($28 x 4); four 45-minute lessons for $152 ($38 x 4); or four 60-minute lessons for $192 ($48 x 4).
- Student Absences: As a courtesy, please notify me in advance of any absence by calling my cell phone 860/8391864. Prior notification allows me to reschedule other lessons and make-ups. However, it does not exempt the student from payment as contracted. Your tuition payment reserves my time during the month at that specific time period each week, regardless of student non-attendance, vacation, field trips, school music obligations, sports, etc. I am under no obligation to give make-ups as a result of student absences, but may do so at my discretion, up to 4 per year.
- Continuity: Lessons time slots are packaged as month-long tuition blocks. Failure to pay for a tuition block will result in loss of that time slot, and it may be given to a student on the waiting list. If a student chooses to discontinue study over the summer, their school-year spot may be given to a student on the waiting list.
- Teacher Absences: If I am absent, we will make up the lesson at a mutually convenient time, or I will credit the lesson to the following month.
- Tardiness: Because of my tight lesson schedule, students who are late for a lesson cannot be guaranteed their full lesson time. I will wait for a student for one third of their lesson time; students are asked to do the same. Missed lesson time due to my tardiness will be made up at a mutually convenient time.
- Make-up Lessons: Missing a scheduled make-up lesson will result in the loss of that lesson. In other words, you have one chance to make-up a lesson before it is void.
- School Vacations: I teach lessons on all school vacations unless I notify the studio otherwise, and regular policy applies.
- July and August: I teach lessons all year long. Students are required to pay for the full month of June. Students who take lessons in July and August are not required to pay for lessons during weeks they are on vacation if advance notice is given before the month begins.
- Holidays: There are no lessons on the following holidays: New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. If you must miss a lesson due a religious holiday not listed here, please notify me in advance, and I will either adjust your tuition or schedule a make-up.
- Weather Cancellations: In the event of a snowstorm or other severe weather, call Stewart's Music (860) 739-4141 to see if we are still having lessons. If Stewart's Music is open, regular policy applies unless you hear differently from me that day.
Why all the policies? Click here to read one parent's perspective.